Let's Talk Vit B's
B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks of a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism. Vitamin B complex helps prevent infections and helps support or promote cell health.
- Vitamin B complex includes Vitamin B5 which supports the adrenal glands, reduces stress and anxiety levels. Vitamin B9 (also known as folate or folic acid) and Vitamin B12 are important in balancing out depressive moods. Vitamin B6 together with Magnesium can balance out anxiety that occurs in conjunction with PMS.
There are 8 kinds of vitamins in Vitamin B complex: thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9, also known as folic acid), and cobalamin (B12).
- Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body's nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of Anemia called megaloblastic Anemia that makes people tired and weak. Two steps are required for the body to absorb vitamin B12 from food.
Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms may include:
* strange sensations, numbness, or tingling in the hands, legs, or
* Difficulty walking (staggering, balance problems)
* A swollen, inflamed tongue.
* Difficulty thinking and reasoning (cognitive difficulties), or memory
* Fatigue and Weakness.
Best food sources of Vitamin B:
* Whole grains (brown rice, barley, millet)
* Meat (red meat, poultry, fish)
* Eggs and dairy products (milk, cheese)
* Legumes (beans, lentils)
* Seeds and nuts (sunflower seeds, almonds)
* Dark, green, leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, Gai lan)
* Fruits (citrus fruits, avocados, bananas)
Eat well first but if you feel deficient try a Vitamin B-Complex Supplement!
GO Healthy GO B Complex VegeCapsules is affordable at Life Pharmacy or Chemist Warehouse.